This letter is to confirm that we will return to face to face learning on Monday, January 24.
- All students should return to school, as long as they:
- Do not have COVID symptoms
- Have not tested positive
- Have not been identified as a close contact.
In order to ensure the safety of our community, we are returning to campus knowing all our staff are COVID free. To this end, we have instructed all staff to take a PCR COVID test at least 72 hours before returning to school. Our requirement goes beyond the present KHDA guidelines.
We request that you, as parents, play your part in keeping our school safe by ensuring you do not send your child(ren) to school if they have any COVID symptoms.
I would like to assure you that we are following all DHA and KHDA guidelines. In response to the pandemic, we are:
- Ensuring that all staff and students who have any symptoms stay at home.
- Contacting staff, students and parents immediately if our investigations deem them to be a close contact of a positive case.
- Keeping accurate records of positive cases and close contacts as required by the DHA, and working alongside the DHA daily.
- Disinfecting and fogging all common areas and classrooms multiple times each day and after each use of common areas.
- Keeping track of the number of COVID cases in a particular section of the school, or deciding if staffing is inadequate in that section, we have acted quickly and closed sections for a set period of time.
- Communicating with the KHDA for approval for any partial closures and providing data to the KHDA to justify staying open.
- Ensuring all students have access to online education if they are off school for COVID reasons.
- Ensuring there are no unnecessary group meetings of staff, students or parents.
There are strict guidelines about returning to school after being positive. These guidelines are followed, and I can assure you that any returning staff member or students have completed the quarantine period required and can prove their COVID status. Our medical department is recording all data and has direct access to the DHA.
The additional KHDA guidelines were set for the first two weeks of school and then extended until the end of January. I expect to hear from them before the end of the month and will pass on any further information as we receive it.